If you’re like most Facebook advertisers, you have lots of questions related to iOS 14 and the related changes impacting Facebook ads. You are flooded with information — and misinformation. The margin for error is small. You need to react appropriately.
So, what’s true? What’s not? How does this impact you? How do you need to adjust?
Since the end of 2020, I’ve been hyper-focused on this topic, determined to understand it so that I can help prepare you for it, too.
I am overflowing with resources, but let’s break them down…
Needless to say, we get a lot of questions about Facebook ads changes related to iOS 14. I’ve updated the FAQ to reflect many of those questions.
Here’s a sampling of the questions that can be found there:
- When configuring events, some are displayed as “Hidden.” Why, and how do I get access to them?
- Can Conversions API help replace the data lost from iOS 14 opt-outs?
- What changes should I expect to advertising tools related to mobile app ads as a result of iOS 14?
- I have my own website and configured events, but I sell on a third-party ecommerce platform and can’t configure those events. What do I do?
- I’m trying to configure my events, but I’m getting the message that the domain is owned by another business. What do I do?
- I work for an agency. Should we verify client domains?
- I work for an international busy that utilizes a single domain. How do we manage the 8-event limit?
- I’m in Web Event Configurations, and I’m not seeing my events. Where are they??
- My website uses several subdomains for different business segments and locations. Do I need to verify them, too?
- Does the 8-event limit apply to reporting and website custom audiences, too?
- I don’t understand the 8-event limit related to Aggregated Event Measurement. Is that per pixel? Per ad account?
- How will optimization be impacted by privacy changes related to iOS 14?
- How will targeting be impacted by privacy changes related to iOS 14?
- How do I find out how much the attribution changes that result from iOS 14 may impact me?
- How is attribution changing as a result of iOS 14, and why does it matter?
- I have a very small iOS audience. Why would the privacy changes to iOS 14 impact me?
Like I said, that’s just a sampling! Many of your questions will be answered there.
Just since the start of 2021, I’ve written 12 posts on the topic. Here they are:
- Facebook Ads and the Impact of iOS 14
- Facebook Advertising Audiences and iOS 14
- Facebook Ads Attribution and iOS 14
- ERROR: “This event hasn’t been set up on any of your domains”
- Problem: Unable to Verify Domain to Configure Web Events
- 8-Event Limit and Domain Verification Scenarios: iOS 14 Challenges
- Don’t Freak Out: How to Approach Facebook Advertising Changes Inspired by iOS 14
- These Ads Suck: Will Users in a Privacy-Altered World Like What They See?
- How to Prepare Facebook Ads Clients for iOS 14
- How to Share Facebook Custom Conversions
- How to Optimize for a Client’s Configured Facebook Events
- Where Are My Client’s Hidden Facebook Events?
I built an extensive training program that consists of more than 30 lessons that include video and written tutorials, related links, and more. It provides everything you’ll need to get prepared and set up the right way.
Weekly Strategy Sessions
I conduct weekly strategy sessions with my PHC – Elite community to help answer advertisers’ questions and set them up for success (this week we had two!). We conduct these via Facebook Rooms in our private Facebook group and tend to have 5-10 attendees per session. You can stalk or actively engage!
Of course, you’ll need to be a member of my PHC – Elite community to get access to these sessions. The good news is that becoming a member of PHC – Elite gives you access to all of my training (including the Facebook Ads and iOS 14 training mentioned above), weekly webinars, a private community, big discounts on one-on-one sessions with me, and a whole lot more.
It’s a lot of info, but there’s a lot to know. Is there any other way I can help you prepare for iOS 14?
Let me know in the comments below!